“Orchestrating My Life”
The Grammy award winning, Australian Rocker presents brand new ‘rock-meets-orchestral’ recordings of a lifetime of hits.
‘Orchestrating My Life’ is career-defining re-visitation of a lifetime of hits from Australian-born rocker Rick Springfield. The album, released April 26th 2019 features all the hits you know re-recorded with an electrifying mix of rock and orchestral arrangements. Rick’s seventeenth studio album features new versions of ‘Jessie’s Girl’, ‘Don’t Talk To Strangers’, ‘Love Somebody’, ‘Human Touch’ and eight other classics . Also included is the brand new song ‘Irreplaceable’, a song dedicated to Rick’s mother who he lost recently. The album gets its full orchestral premiere in LA’s Saban Theatre on March 30th. Rick will be touring the record with symphony orchestras throughout the US and world in 2019 and beyond.
1. Kristina – Written by Rick Springfield & James Douglas Vallance. Published by IQ Music & Universal Music Publishing.
2. I’ve Done Everything For You – Written by Sammy Hagar. Published by Warner Chappell Music.
3. Don’t Talk to Strangers – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by Universal Music Publishing.
4. Jessie’s Girl – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by Universal Music Publishing Australia.
5. Affair of the Heart – Written by Rick Springfield, Danny Tate & Blaise Tosti. Published by Universal Music Publishing.
6. Love Somebody – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by Universal Music Publishing.
7. Human Touch – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by Universal Music Publishing.
8. Celebrate Youth – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by IQ Music.
9. World Start Turning – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by IQ Music & Super Ron Music.
10. State of the Heart – Written by Rick Springfield, Eric Maltby McCusker & Tim Pierce. Published by IQ Music & Warner Chappell Music.
11. Irreplaceable – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by IQ Music.
12. April 24, 1981 / My Father’s Chair – Written by Rick Springfield. Published by IQ Music.
Produced by Rick Springfield, John Bryan & Sare Havlicek.
Executive Producer: Wayne Sharp.
GUITARS: Robi Pikl, Tim Pierce & Rick Springfield.
BASS: Jani Hace & Lance Morrison.
DRUMS: Jorge Palacios.
SYNTHESIZER PROGRAMMING: Sare Havlicek.
KEYBOARDS: Sare Havlicek & Rick Springfield.
PIANO: Aleksandra Naumovski Potisk.
BACKGROUND VOCALS: WIndy Wagner, Robbie Wykoff & Rick Springfield.
ORCHESTRA CONDUCTED BY Wolf Kerschek & Adam Clemens.
MIXED BY Warren Huart at Spitfire Studio CA.
ENGINEERING BY Matthew Spindel, Jeff Silverman, Ju Me Chon & Slava Voroshnin.
RECORDED AT Tokyorama Studio, Magic Fly Studios, Smecky Studios, The Black Lagoon, Malibu and East West, Hollywood.
MASTERING: Gene Grimaldi at Oasis Mastering.
ORCHESTRAL ARRANGEMENTS: Wolf Kerschek, John Bryan, Sare Havlicek & Pete Whitfield.
PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA SUPERVISOR: James Fitzpatrick.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Elizabeth Attenborough.
ART DIRECTION: Kym DeGenaro, Sauci Creative.
Dedicated to the memory of my Mum Eileen Louise and my Dad Norman James Springthorpe.
Thanks to my lovely wife Barbara Jean.
(P) 2019 August Day
(C) 2019 August Day